What it does:
•Diminishes appearance of dark circles.
• Hydrates and plumps to soften fine lines.
• Fights inflammation and puffiness.
• Radiant, bright, awake and youthful-looking eyes.
Powerful botanicals target dark circles, puffiness, and signs of aging to deliver plump skin and radiant, youthful eyes. Vitamin K targets dark circles by boosting circulation and supporting the body’s healing process. Green tea and gingko biloba both hold anti-inflammatory properties, reducing puffiness and also fighting signs of aging. Hyaluronic acid plumps skin and softens fine lines, while aloe and nourishing oils hydrate and keep the delicate undereye area looking youthful.
How to use:
Gently pat a small amount around the eyes after cleansing and toning. Use morning and night.
+ VITAMIN K
- Essential in the body’s healing process, responsible for blood clotting and wound healing.
- Helps reduce the appearance of dark circles under the eye.
- Promotes skin healing and health.
+ HYALURONIC ACID
- Plumps skin cells and gives a firm, youthful appearance.
- Delivers deep, lasting hydration.
- Smoothes and softens fine lines.
- Hydrated, nourished skin appears more youthful-looking.
+ ORGANIC ALOE VERA
- Nourishes with a wealth of vitamins and minerals.
- Heals and soothes sensitive skin.
- Provides non-greasy moisture and deep hydration suitable for all skin types.
+ ORGANIC ALMOND, AVOCADO + SESAME OILS
- Almond and sesame oils are easily absorbed by all skin types, and rich in anti-aging vitamins and minerals.
- Avocado oil is rich in lutein and Vitamin A, deeply hydrating and plumps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
+ ORGANIC GREEN TEA EXTRACT
- Contains high levels of antioxidants and polyphenols.
- Helps fight oxidizing environmental stressors and signs of aging.
- Protective, healing and anti-inflammatory.
+ ORGANIC GINGKO BILOBA EXTRACT
- Contains high levels of protective antioxidants like flavonoids and terpenoids.
- Stimulates blood flow, aiding renewal, reducing inflammation, and promoting healthy skin.
- Balancing, antiaging, and beneficial for sensitive skin types.
Purified water, Green tea extract*, Aloe barbadensis (Aloe vera) gel*, Centella asiatica (Gotu kola)* extract, Gingko biloba leaf extract, Caprylic/capric triglycerides, Prunus amygdalus dulcis (Sweet almond) oil*, Persea gratissima (Avocado) oil*, Sesamum indicum (Sesame) seed oil*, Glyceryl stearate, Vegetable glycerin, Hyaluronic acid, Sodium PCA, Dimethicone Copolyol, Wheat protein amino acid (and) Silk protein hydrolysate, Extracts of Chamomile*, Ginseng*, Eyebright, Evening primrose (and) Borage oil, Retinyl palmitate (Vitamin A), Beta glucan, Phytomenadione (Vitamin K), and Vitis vinifera (Grape) seed extract*.
All natural / paraben free. Not tested on animals.Made in the U.S.A.
DARK CIRCLES ARE ESSENTIALLY BRUISING.
A bruise is the result of damaged blood cells pooling under the skin. When blood vessels are traumatized or broken, blood leaks out into the surrounding skin. Your body begins it’s clean-up process and the part of the body that sustained the trauma is left a bruise. Dark circles under the eyes are the result of the same process.
WHY ARE DARK CIRCLES UNDER THE EYES SO VISIBLE?
There are capillaries all over your body leaking small amounts of blood all the time, that don’t show up as bruising, so why is it so visible under the eyes? It’s because the skin around your eyes is the thinnest, skin of your entire body. That means the capillaries are much closer to the surface of the skin there. The skin around your eyes is also more translucent. This makes any capillary damage and discoloration much more apparent there.
WHAT IS VITAMIN K AND HOW CAN IT TREAT DARK UNDER EYE CIRCLES?
Vitamin k is a fat-soluble vitamin meaning that it can dissolve in fats and oils. Fat-soluble vitamins are absorbed along with fats in the diet and can be stored in the body's fatty tissue. Vitamin K is produced naturally in the body and also be found in foods like leafy greens, chicken, eggs, cottage cheese and some fermented cheeses. Vitamin k strengthens capillaries, promotes a healthy circulation and is essential for proper blood clotting. If the body’s vitamin K levels are low, the capillaries become weak and leak. When this happens in the under eye area, small amounts of blood pool and the result is a dark, bruise-like discoloration under the eye we know as under eye circles.
WHAT IS A BRIGHTENING EYE CREAM?
Brightening eye creams hydrate the undereye area to visibly reduce the appearance of darck circles, wrinkles and smooth fine lines. Formulas of brightening eye creams are packed with vitamins and ingredients like vitamin k to not only help minimize wrinkles and dark circles but to brighten up your entire look.
TIPS FOR APPLYING EYE CREAM
Incorporating an eye cream with vitamin k into your daily skin care routine keeps the capillaries strong and makes them less prone to damage. Here are our tips for making the most of your eye cream.
- Keeping your eye cream in the fridge is a great way to quickly depuff in the mornings.
- Applyeye cream on freshly cleansed skin before any other products so that the eye area is protected before applying anything else.
- Use your ring finger to apply- it’s the lightest one to touch which means less pressure on the capillaries.
- Be careful not to drag or pull the delicate skin around the eye as this leads to sagging and wrinkles.
- Don’t overdo it. Three dots the size of the tip of your finger should be enough. If there’s excess after patting those dots into the skin, you’re using too much.
- Avoid getting eye cream too close to your eyes or eyelashes. The cream will travel as it warms up with your body temperature and can seep into your eyes, irritating them.
- Press theeye creamgently into the skin under your eyes in light taps starting from your brow bone out towards the outside of your face.
- Give youreye cream about a minute to sink into your skin before you put anything on top of it.
- Use the same finger to gently pat the cream into the skin around your eyes once again. This will get the blood moving underneath and help to de-puff the area.
If you’ve got dark circles under your eyes, targeting them can be easier than you think. Add aneye cream with vitamin k into your skin care rotation and follow our tips. Your newly brightened under-eyes will thank you!